You can receive more information on EdCET-2010 through email for free
Ed.CET-2010, NOTIFICATION, EDUCATION COMMON ENTRANCE TEST
Conducted under the aegis of APSCHE, Hyderabad.
Applications in the prescribed form are invited for Education Common Entrance Test (Ed.CET-2010) for selection of candidates for admission into B.Ed. regular course in Colleges of Education in Andhra Pradesh for the academic year 2010-2011.Important Dates:
1 Date of Commencement of Sale of Applications : 18-03-2010
2 Last date for submission of filled-in Applications : 29-04-2010
3 Test date Sunday(11:00 AM to 01:00 PM) : 13-06-2010 Eligibility for EdCET-2010:
(a) The candidates should have passed B.A./B.Sc./B.Com./B.Sc.(Home Science)/B.C.A./B.B.M. examination from any University in Andhra Pradesh or a recognized University out side Andhra Pradesh.
(b) The candidates who are appearing for final degree examinations of 2010 are also eligible to appear for entrance examination.
(c) Candidates should have secured 50% marks either in the Bachelors Degree i.e. B.A./B.Sc/B.Com (Home Science)/BCA/BBM and/or in the Masters Degree or any other qualification equivalent thereto. However the candidates belonging to all other reserved categories should have secured 40% marks in the qualifying examination.
(d) The qualifying mark in the Entrance Test for all candiadates (except SC/ST) is 37 out of total marks (i.e 25%). For the candidates belonging to SC/ST communities there will be no qualifying marks for ranking.
(e) The candidates should have completed 19 years of age on 01-07-2010.
Sale of EdCET-2010 Application Forms:
Prescribed printed application form along with OMR cum ICR application form and information booklet can be had by paying Rs.150/- across the counters from all the Head Post Offices and the University Post Offices in the State of A.P. The application forms can also be had from e-seva centers in Hyderabad, Secunderabad, Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada, Tirupathi, Warangal, Anantapur and Guntur cities. The following Designated main Branches of Andhra Bank outlets in A.P.
Submission of EdCET-2010 dully filled Applications:
Applications also can be submitted online. However, a copy of the application downloaded along with two passport size photographs and D.D. for Rs.150/- drawn from any Nationalized Bank in favour of "The Secretary, APSCHE, payable at Hyderabad must to be sent to the Convener, Ed.CET-2010, Department of Education, IASE, Osmania University, Hyderabad - 500 007 on or before 5p.m., 29-04-2010 For further details visit www.edcet2010.com, www.osmania.ac.in.
For AP Online submission a candidate has to Pay Rs. 150/- by cash in any AP Online Centre (list of franchisees is available on www.aponline.gov.in) or pay through AP Online citizen portal https://secure.aponline.gov.in online and obtain a receipt and enter the website www.aponline.gov.in and submit the application duly incorporating a scanned photograph and signature. After submission a registered number for future reference is generated.
For more information on EdCET-2010
Syllabus for EdCET
Syllabus for the subjects under Part-A, Part-B and Part-C of the Education Common Entrance Test - 2010.
PART - A: GENERAL ENGLISH
1. Reading Comprehension.
2. Correction of Sentences, Articles, Prepositions, Tenses, Spelling.
3. Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms.
4. Transformation of Sentences - Simple, Compound and Complex. Voices, Direct Speech and Indirect Speech.
PART - B: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE & TEACHING APTITUDE
1. Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate's general knowledge of the environment around him and its application to society.
2. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observation and experience in their scientific outlook as is expected of an educated person.
3. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring Countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Ecology, Economics, General Policy and Scientific Research.
4. Teaching requires certain characteristics like ability to communicate, ability to deal with Children, ability to recognise individual differences etc., apart from analytical thinking and general intelligence. One who has these characteristics will be able to become a good teacher after training. Questions relating to these aspects will be included to test one's teaching aptitude.
PART - C: One of the following subjects to be opted:
1. Mathematics (MS)
2. Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry) (PS)
3. Biological Sciences (Botany and Zoology) (BS)
4. Social Studies (Geography, History, Civics and Economics) (SS)
(For these four subjects Syllabus shall be of graduation level (revised common core degree syllabus) from the
topics related to the content prescribed for classes VIII, IX & X of A.P.) visit www.edcet2010.com, www.osmania.ac.in
5. English [Special English in B.A.]
The Syllabus for Part C for Subject: English shall cover
a) Syllabus pertaining to English for Classes VIII, IX and X and that for the Two- Year Intermediate course of A.P -50 Questions (50 Marks)
i) Language functions ii) Elements of Phonetics iii) Grammer
iv) Phrasal Verbs (ideoms) v) Writing skills vi) Study skills
vii) Reference skills
b) Syllabus Prescribed for Optional English at B.A. Degree Level (B.A.Special English)/ ML Syllabus in English-50 Questions (50 marks) --- Source edcet official site
Labels: EdCET, Notifications