Actuarial Apprentices Recruitment at General Insurance Corporation of India
Applications are invited from Indian Citizens for selection as ACTUARIAL APPRENTICES at General Insurance Corporation of India
Last Date for receiving applications for Actuarial Apprentices is 20-08-2010.
Oualification for Actuarial Apprentices in General Insurance Corporation of India:
Actuarial Apprentices in GIC Monthly Stipend:
- Graduation/Post Graduation in Science from recognized University with Mathematics or Statistics as main subject with 60% or more marks in aggregate OR
- Graduation/Pos Graduation in Commerce from recognized University with Statistics/Actuaria Sience as major subjects with 60% or more marks in aggregate OR
- Graduation in Arts with Actuarial Science as major subject from recognized University with 60 % or more marks and
- Post Graduate Diploma in Actuarial Science with 50% or more marks.
- 10% relaxation in marks for SC/ST candidates.
1st Year Rs.8,000/- 2 nd Year Rs. 9,000/-,3 rd Year Rs. 10,000/-T he increase in stipend for second and third year will be subject to passingo f atl east one paper during the previous year. If the candidate is unable to pass minimum of one paper in 1st and 2nd year, the increment in stipend for 2nd and 3rd year will be considered only after completion of 1 paper and 2 papers after 1st and 2nd year respectively
Actuarial Apprentices in GIC Method of Selection:
Written Examination (to be conducted only in Mumbai)
1) Paper I - 3 hours duration (objective type with negative marking for wrong answers) Mathematics / Statistics / Actuarial Science.
2) Paper II - 3 hours duration (a) Mathematics / Statistics / Actuarial Science -
2 hr, (b) Essay (can be written in Hindi or English) - 1/2 hr,
(c) English Precis, Comprehension and Grammar-1/2 hr.
Paper II will be evaluated only for those candidates who qualify in PaperI .
Candidates who have passed one of the following examinations shall be exempted from appearing for the written test (Paper I & I I ) :
l) Entrance test of Actuarial Society of India
2) One or more papers of the Examination of Actuarial Society of India or Institute of Actuaries,
Syllabus for Written Test:
English - Essay, Precis Comorehension and G rammar. Writing, Mathematics- Binomial and Multinomial
Theorems; Exponential and Logarithmic Series; Partial fractions; Summation of Series; Sequences and Series-Tests of Convergence; Inequalities; Permutations and Combinations; Determinants of the
third and fourth order; Matrices up to fourth order; Mathematical Induction; Group Including the axioms and the definition of a sub-group; Lagrange's theorem; cyclic groups; Differentiation and integration of standard forms; Reoeated differentiation and Leibnitz's theorem; Partial differentiation; Analytical solution of differential
equation of first and second order; Applications of differentiation like rate of change, maxima, minima, tangent, subtangent, subnormal etc. Simple reduction formula for Integrals, Applications of Integration-lengths,
ateas, volumes, curve traclng, Statistics Probability, Random variables, Probability distribution; distribution functions; Sampling; point and Interval estimation; Hypothesis testing; Regression and Correlation least
squares; Analysis of variance; Analysis of time series;n on-parametricm ethods. Actuarial Science- Probability, Compound interest,L ife ContingenciesM, ortality.
Last Date for receiving applications 20-08-2010.
For more Details on Actuarial Apprentices Recruitment in General Insurance Corporation of India
Source : GIC India for Advt on Actuarial Apprentices
Subscribe to Career Inspire for updated information
For SMS Alerts Subscribe to Career Inspire
Labels: Government Jobs