Engineering Intern Software at Qualcomm
Location India - Hyderabad
Job Function Ranked #16 by Fortune Magazine's annual '100 Best Companies to Work For' and headquartered in San Diego, QUALCOMM develops, manufactures, markets, licenses, and operates advanced 3G communications systems and products based on its proprietary digital wireless technologies. To ensure that the entire wireless industry is inspired and continues to evolve, innovate and experience success, QUALCOMM develops its technologies and solutions for the purpose of enabling key participants in the wireless value chain.
QUALCOMM has multiple software engineering internships available. As a software engineering intern, you will work with a team of software engineers to develop, implement and maintain software for the most complex wireless devices. With a degree in computer science or engineering, you may analyze and identify system-level integration issues, plan and integrate new features, define integration and test platforms, develop and execute test scenarios for various multimedia applications such as audio, video, speech, imaging and graphics applications. You may also design and develop embedded, real-time systems along with wireless data protocols, applications engineering and technical support. Finally, you may also develop programs and user interfaces for BREW MP, our proprietary development language for mobile devices. SW engineers design and develop embedded, real-time systems along with wireless data protocols, applications engineering/technical support.
Education Requirements Bachelors or Masters in Engineering from a premier engineering college with CGPA not less than 8.0
- Linux OS Development
- Real time OS Development
- Multimedia SW (Audio, Video, Graphics)
- Android Architecture
- Device Driver Development
- Multimedia Applications
- Object Oriented and UI Design
- Windows Mobile Development
- Skills/Experience Relevant skills include:
- Strong C/C++ and object oriented design background.
- Experience with scripting languages such as PERL, UML is desired.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX, Linux Drivers, Linux Kernel, Mobile SW development in Windows Mobile, Android, design patterns is desired but not mandatory.
- Wireless network protocols such as TCP/IP, SIP.
- Familiarity with real-time operating systems such as VxWorks.
Subscribe to Career Inspire for updated information