FAEA | Foundation of Academic Excellence and Access Scholarship 2011-12
The objective of Scholarship Program of FAEA
is to secure social justice for students belonging to socially and economically disadvantaged sections of the society. It emphasizes equality of opportunity to help students become what they would like to be so that they have a choice and are not dictated by economic and social necessity. It enables economically and socially disadvantaged students to study in the institutions, which provide academic excellence, access to structures of power and economic opportunity. For this the Program will provide bursaries, scholarships and fellowships to these students for their study.
is offering limited scholarships* for the year 2011-12
to pursue undergraduate studies in arts/commerce/science/medical/engineering and other technical and professional discipline at any university/institution/college of students' choice anywhere in India.
Eligibility criteria for FAEA Scholarship
- (i) Indian Nationals (ii) Students who have passed Class XII from a recognised board in India. Those in the 1st year of the undergraduate course (any discipline) are also eligible to apply. (iii) Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe.
Scope of Scholarship
, on selection of student for the FAEA scholarship
, provides financial aid to the student for completion of undergraduate courses which includes tuition fee, maintenance allowance or hostel/mess charges and other allowances to cover travel, clothing and books. The continuance of scholarship and amount of scholarship every year will, however, be subject to good academic performance and subject to availability of funds.
FAEA Scholarship Program
will provide support to the students selected for up to three years in the first instance. This can be extended for another two years for postgraduate study depending upon the student's performance in the graduate exams as well as availability of funds.
- Students will be selected on the basis of their academic excellence, social and economic background.
- Students selected can pursue any academic discipline in any University/College in India as long as it is consistent to the objective of FAEA.
FAEA Scholarship Program Application Process
- Only eligible candidates will be sent further information.
- Final applications shall be reviewed and evaluated first by a regional panel comprising scholars and practitioners from academia, NGOs and other discipline.
- Shortlisted candidates will then be invited for regional interviews across India in the metropolitan city closest to student's domicile.
- Thereafter, a national Panel will make the final selection and results will be declared. The support granted shall be subject to the candidate being accepted by the host institution.
- All applications must be submitted to only the FAEA office in New Delhi. The level and duration of award will be determined as part of the placement process.
- All decisions of the regional and national panel will be final. Any effort to influence the decision will lead to disqualification.
- FAEA staff and their family members may not serve on selection panels and are not eligible to apply for Scholarship Program. Members of selection committees, staff of the organizations managing the program in the various regions and their family members are also ineligible for financial aid under Pathways Program.
Applications forms received after due date will not be considered.
After filling the application form online, you will be required to send Printed Application Form having auto generated Confirmation Code with your signatures and photograph affixed on the application form.You need NOT send any certificate at the time of applying. If you are chosen in the preliminary round you will be asked to appear for an interview and send the original documents. Failure to show proof/original document when called for shall lead to disqualification.
Incomplete application form will not be considered.
Application Form received after 27th August 2011 will not be considered.
Any attempt to influence the officials attached to the selection of FAEA scholars shall lead to disqualification.
The Application form has 30 questions and requires you to provide details of atleast 1 references.
2. After you successfully submit the form online, the system will generate a “Confirmation Code” for you. Kindly take a note of your confirmation code. Please use this for all future correspondence with FAEA.
3.You will need to send duly completed applicaton form with signatures at respective places and latest passport size photograph affixed on the Printed Application Form. Please do not send any other documents (viz. Certificates, Marksheet, Caste Certificate etc.) Auto generated Confirmation Code will be displayed at the end of successful submission of application form.
Please ensure that your completed Online Aplication Form alongwith photograph reaches FAEA’s office latest by 27th August 2011 to the following address:
Foundation for Academic Excellence and Access (FAEA)
C – 25, Qutab Institutional Area
New Mehrauli Road
New Delhi - 110 016
Non receipt of your application may lead to your application being rejected.
4. Documents and certificates for verification of information provided will be required at a later stage. Please do not send any certificates now.
5. Telephonic queries will not be entertained and any attempt to influence, in any manner, will lead to disqualification.