RGUKT Masters Program in Computational Engineering
Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies Interdisciplinary Masters program in Computational Engineering
Name of the program:
Interdisciplinary Masters program in Computational Engineering
Degree to be awarded:
M.Tech in Computational Engineering (With a specialization in Civil/Computer Science/Chemical/Electrical-Electronics/Mechanical/Metallurgical-Materials)
Eligibility and Qualifications Required for RGUKT Masters Program
B.E/B.Tech with a core branch (Civil/Computer Science/Chemical/Electrical-Electronics/Mechanical/Metallurgical-Materials) having 70% or above marks and 60% or above in Intermediate and SSC. (SC/ST candidates: above 60% in B.E/B.Tech and 50% or above in Intermediate& SSC)
Passing of "Introductory course in computing" with "A" grade or 80% marks (Mandatory) conducted by RGUKT for seven weeks at RGUKT headquarters, Hyderabad
or one of its campuses Basar/Nuzvid/RK Valley.
Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technoligies Computational Engineering MTechSelection process:
In the first phase, GATE(2011,2012)
qualified candidates will be considered on the basis of scores and interview performance
If required number of GATE candidates are not available in the first phase, PGECET (2012) qualified candidates will be considered in the second phase on the basis of PGECET scores/ranks and interview performance.
In case required number of GATE and PGECET qualified candidates are not available, the remaining seats will be filled with Non-GATE and Non-PGECET candidates, based on the Entrance Examination and interview performance which are to be conducted by RGUKT.
- Prospective students from states other than A.P can also apply. Admissions of these candidates are subject to rules of Govt.of .A.P which are in force.
- Passing of "Introductory course in computing" with "A" grade or 80% marks (Mandatory) conducted by RGUKT for seven weeks.
Allocation of seats for RGUKT MTECH Computational Engineering:
A.P Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admissions) orders: A.U, O.U and SVU regions, Article 371.D of "Presidential Order 1974", Govt. of. India
Rule of reservations as per Govt of.A.P is applicable.
Computational Engineering MTech in RGUKT Duration of the course:
How to Apply for RGUKT Masters Program:
The mode of applying is online.
- 2 years (Five Terms) (excluding seven weeks Introductory course) Intake
- 200 (Three regions together)(Excluding wait list of 15% in excess)
The candidate has to pay an application fee of Rs.200/-(For SC/ST candidates:Rs.150/-) in any nationalized bank and get a Demand Draft drawn in favor of "Registrar, RGUKT" and payable in Hyderabad. The serial number of the D.D shall be used in filling the online application by logging in the RGUKT site through http://rgukt-pgprogram.appspot.com/
and submit it.
The printout along with original DD and copies of certificates shall be sent to the Registrar,RGUKT at the address given above with an inscription as "Application form for M.Tech-2012" on the left side of the mailing cover.
The hard copy of print-out with out original DD and relevant copies of other certificates shall not be considered for admission process.
Important Dates for applying to RGUKT(Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies)
Subscribe to Career Inspire for updated information
- April 4th 2012: Online application opens
- May 10th 2012: Last date to receive online applications from GATE and NON-GATE candidates
- June 7- 8th 2012: Interviews for selected GATE qualified candidates
- June 25th 2012: Reporting of PGECET qualified candidates followed by Interviews
- July 4th 2012: Entrance Examination for Non-GATE and Non-PGECET candidates.
- July 11th 2012: Announcement of Entrance Examination Results
- July 16th and 17th 2012: Interviews for Entrance Examination qualified candidates.
- July 23rd 2012: Commencement of "Introductory course in Computing" for seven weeks
- September 17th 2012: Commencement of M.Tech program semester 1